DESIGN YOUR OWN SUMMER IN ISRAEL!
Our 4-day electives are a perfect complement to your summer travels, and with so many options to choose from, your bound to find an elective that speaks to you!
Hike across Israel, from the Mediterranean Sea in the west to the Sea of Galilee in the east. Scale rugged mountains, camp out under the stars, and learn how to thrive in the wilderness as our ancestors did! Along the route, you’ll gain a new appreciation for Israel’s terrain, you’ll visit diverse villages, and you’ll gain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment to cherish for a lifetime.
- PRO TIP! All camping equipment is provided, and our trek is vehicle-supported, which means less to schlep on your back
Volunteering & Service Learning
Give of yourself in Israel, knowing that you not only toured the Land but also gave something back. Based in the Galilee, our volunteer projects vary and typically include working with immigrant youth, minority communities, environmental restoration, and infrastructure improvement. Together we'll learn, volunteer, and reflect on the journey as we connect with Israeli society on a much more personal level.
- PRO TIP! Get a taste for Israeli campus life – this elective is based at the Oranim College campus and dorms in the Carmel Mountains.
- PARTNER: Oranim College of Education
The IDF’s Gadna
Ready for a character-building challenge that you can look back on with a sense of pride? Gadna is a “basic training” style experience organized by the legendary Israel Defense Forces for high school teens from abroad. Gadna offers a glimpse of this quintessential Israeli experience without being political or militaristic in nature. You'll learn new skills, new Hebrew words, and simulate what life is like on a real Israeli army base.
- PRO TIP! Gadna is taught by active-duty Israeli soldiers and takes place on an army base created especially for high school-age educational programs.
- PARTNER: The Israel Defense Forces
Explore Israel through sports! Get active, get in motion, and join a unique Israel experience focused on athletics. You don’t have to be a serious athlete to enjoy this elective. You’ll play sports with Israeli teens from Maccabi Tzair, get trained in Israel's best facilities, be inspired by athletes’ stories, learn how sports can bring the Jewish People together. After these four days, you will feel better – stronger – higher!
- PARTNER: Maccabi World Union & The Maccabiah
Scuba & Watersports
Nothing says summer in Israel like good times at the beach, and on this elective, you'll do so much more than enjoying Israel's Mediterranean Coast. Learn from the masters and pick-up scuba diving, windsurfing, and stand up paddleboarding skills. You'll even have the opportunity to explore Israel's underwater archaeological treasures off the coast of Caesarea National Park.
- PRO TIP! Did you know that Israel's only Olympic gold medal was won in windsurfing by Gal Fridman at the 2004 Athens Games?
A supplemental fee may apply for this elective TBA in March