As of May 24, 2021
We began planning for our 2021 summer season with an ongoing commitment to providing safe and meaningful experiences for teens. We are also committed to providing clear communication on our evolving policies and procedures. With the overwhelming support and interest for, we are moving forward with preparations for Passport experiences in Israel this summer.
We anticipate that our Israel travel experiences will look different than in previous years due to COVID-19. We are grateful for the patience of families as we continue to work with Israel’s Ministries of Health and Tourism on group travel procedures. As news and information about COVID-19 is everchanging, we are continuously updating our operations to ensure a safe program this summer and will be updating this space and communicating directly with our registered participants as things progress. We appreciate your partnership and thank you for entrusting your teen’s safety with us in Israel this summer.
Our commitment to you is that BBYO Passport will:
- Coordinate directly with Israeli government officials to establish program approval and protocol.
- Partner with our medical task force to develop guidelines for safe travel.
- Communicate updates and policies to teens and parents as soon as they are available.
- Communicate participant requirements as they relate to COVID-19 PCR tests, serology tests, or otherwise.
- Ensure all environments are safe for participants to the best of our ability.
- Provide updates from our staff in Israel throughout the trip.
Teens and families are asked to:
- Ensure their teen is COVID-19 vaccinated. Only participants who are fully vaccinated will be eligible to attend BBYO Passport trips to Israel. For those teens who cannot be fully vaccinated by their departure date, we would be happy to help you explore alternative arrangements for this summer, or add you to our list for Summer 2022 travel.
- Follow all onsite health guidelines, including but not limited to wearing a mask that fully covers the mouth and nose when requested, hand washing and social distancing.
- Express concerns and questions directly to BBYO Passport staff when they arise to ensure there is no miscommunication.
- Be flexible before and during the trip, understanding that guidelines are continuously changing.
- Follow any additional safety-related rules or guidelines created in Israel by their staff.
- Submit required documentation to BBYO Passport needed for the teen to enter the country. If you are a dual citizen with an Israeli Passport, please contact [email protected] to discuss this further.
BBYO Passport is taking additional steps to ensure group safety, which includes:
- Only teens with COVID-19 symptoms will be tested during the program if needed. If a teen tests positive, the entire group will be tested. A teen will only be put into a quarantine if their test result is positive.
- Teens will sleep in their assigned rooms only. Teens will only rotate roommates as needed at the discretion of BBYO Passport staff.
- Certain sites with small, confined spaces that do not allow for social distancing may be removed from the itinerary.
- We will hold additional rooms throughout the duration of the trip in case there is a need for a teen to quarantine. They will be supervised by staff during their quarantine.
- BBYO has added a $100 COVID-19 program fee to cover additional health-related expenses.
- BBYO reserves the right to consolidate and/or cancel specific programs and/or program dates at its own discretion.
- Supervised flight details will start to become available in May.
- Participant forms are now available.
We could not be more excited for summer and are grateful for the continued trust of our families as we plan for a wonderful experience this summer. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.